One of the most frequently asked question during an engagement photo shoot is what to wear for engagement pictures. Here are some tips on what to wear for engagement pictures to help you look perfect in your photo shoot.
What to wear for engagement pictures-Good Idea:
It’s a good idea to bring at least two outfits; a casual everyday outfit and a dressy outfit unless you’re going to have a theme that requires you to do otherwise.
- Wear clothes with solid color that compliments your eye and is in contrast with the background.
- Jeans are perfect if paired with a dressy top for ladies while for men, pair them with a button down.
- A black top would not only make you look thinner it also allows the focus of a photo to be in your face.
- Ladies: V-necks and open collars are also a good idea. It elongates your neck and body and bring focus on your face. Thick scarves, sweaters and turtleneck can add bulk to your appearance.
- Men: Try using a collared shirt as it frames your face and can also be flattering.
- Sleek, fitted clothes.
- Keep your make-up and hairstyle simple and natural.
- Bright colored pumps that is in contrast in your outfit.
- Dress hats, sunglasses, chunky jewelries, fun shoes and brightly colored blazers and vests. They add interest to the photo without stealing the focus on the subject.
- Coordinate your outfit with your fiancee. Wear clothes with the same shade but do not match.
- Avoid being too trendy.
- Wear layers. Most photographers says layers look good on pictures.
What to Wear for Engagement Pictures-Not so Good Ideas:
- Clothes with very small prints or patterns-this can be distracting.
- Statement Shirts.
- Clothing with horizontal lines.
- Avoid showing off too much skin.
- Rings other than your engagement ring.
- Too baggy or too tight clothes.
You are what you wear so just be yourself. Wear clothes that your comfortable with. I hope this tips already gave you an idea on what to wear for engagement pictures.